Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GOD HELPS ME TO ACHIEVE MY DREAMS

When I wrote up this month's schedule I had forgotten about scheduling in Stake Conference. I didn't actually register when it was until my husband, who is the Elder's Quorum President, came home from handing out fliers and inviting the less actives to our Stake Conference. I was working on making my handouts when he walked in the door and put the flier on the table. I felt stupid because I'd already spent 2-3 hours brainstorming, going to the store, and beginning to assemble my handouts, but I gladly welcomed the week off and tucked all of my half-way finished handouts into my nursery cupboard to use another time.

That being said, I obviously didn't give this lesson, but I will still write down what I had planned to use for a handout so I can refer back to it if I ever need to.

I often go to the dollar stores and browse around with the title of my lesson in mind just waiting for inspiration to come as to what to give the kids. This lesson was more difficult for me. I couldn't think of anything to give and I was regretting coming up with this lesson in the first place. Finally, after going down the same three isles for an hour, I decided I would give each of the kids ribbons. The dollar store had a bunch of different kinds of ribbons, i.e. "First Place", "Big Brother", "Over The Hill", but nothing that really applied. I decided I would just make my own and use glitter fabric pens to write "God helps me to achieve my dreams" on them.

I have them all cut out - I had just finished my last ones when my husband came in the door with his flier. They're not assembled or written on yet, but when I do get them done, I'll try to remember to come post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment