Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lesson 18: I WILL LOVE OTHERS

For today's lesson I followed the Behold Your Little Ones manual and also tried doing this idea from sugardoodle using hearts that I cut out of colored foam sheets.



As I handed out the hearts we talked about ways that they can show love to others. Some of the things we talked about:

Sharing toys and snacks
Not pushing or hitting
Using kind words
Saying please and thank you
Saying I love you
Giving hugs
Being kind
Helping people in need
Helping your mom's and dad's
Smiling

Then I bore my testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus' love for us. That if we follow Their example and show love to others we will feel good and help others to feel good too. By showing love to others we can make the world a better place and Heavenly Father will bless us.



We made these for our craft using the handout from the manual and attaching a chain of good deeds the kids can do for others to show their love. I pretty much typed out the list that we named off when passing out the hearts during the lesson and cut them into strips.



So each link has a suggestion on something they can do to show love. Maybe if their parents are feeling up to it they can have the kids choose a link each day of the week to work on.



I printed these little characters off from Church Babies blog and colored and cut them out. I printed enough kids for each of my kids to have one.



We talked about how all of these children look different from each other, but even though people are from different parts of the world, look different, act different, or make choices different from us, we still need to treat them with love and kindness.



And during the last few minutes of class while we were waiting for the parents to come and get the kids we played "Pin The Kid On The Earth." :)



And they liked it. The only problem is that all the kids crowded it at once and I couldn't get tape on the backs of their little people fast enough.



And of course we had the Jesus cut-out to be our example.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you for all your ideas and putting them together in one place. I am exicted for my lesson. I thing they will love the "Pin the kids on the world" even if I didn't get them all colored.

    ReplyDelete