Monday, November 7, 2011

Lesson 27: THE SACRAMENT HELPS ME THINK ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

 I borrowed some sacraments trays to show the kids and asked them if they knew what they were.  They all identified them with "sacrament" and volunteered which one held bread and which one held water. I opened my scriptures and explained to the kids that Jesus told us something very important and I needed them to listen while I read what he said.  

Luke 22:19 "Jesus said, 'This do in remembrance of me.'"

I explained that Jesus wanted us to think of him when we were eating the bread and drinking the water.  I told them that it is a special and sacred thing and since it is special and sacred it is important that we are reverent during the time when the sacrament is being blessed and passed.  As I explained all of that I showed them a picture of a family being reverent during the sacrament.

I introduced my husband to the kids and explained that he was a priesthood holder who often blesses and passes the sacrament.  My husband took a little bit of time explaining to the kids that you have to be a worthy priesthood holder to bless and pass the sacrament.  He also talked about how we sing a reverent song while the priesthood holders break the bread, and the reverent song helps us to think of Jesus and invite the spirit.

When he closed, I bore my testimony.


I drew up this little handout for the kids to color.  In between the two trays I wrote the scripture, "Luke 22:19 Jesus said, 'This do in remembrance of me.'"

In addition to that, I had made each of the kids little sacrament books.  The point of these books was for them to bring them to sacrament and look through them when the sacrament is being passed to help them remember that they need to be reverent and to remember to think of Jesus.



I used the handout from the manual to make the books and just put craft foam in front and back to protect them a little better.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ideas! I am using them for my CTR class. These are perfect for out lesson about the sacrament.

    ReplyDelete