Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lesson 11: I LOVE MY FAMILY

I pretty much just followed the lesson from the manual.
 
I colored the picture from the manual and used it to teach in the lesson.  I had the kids draw a family member out of a bag and then we discussed that persons roll in the family. We went over The Family: A Proclamation to the World and I just took little bits from it and read the basics of what a Father's roll is and basics of what a Mother's roll is.We also sang "We Are a Happy Family". 

 I had the kids color this picture from the manual.

As a gift to the kids I gave them this bag of skittles with this poem:
Families are like candied skittles
Each one uniquely colored
Some are red, some blue, some green
And some are even spotted
Each one's flavor is all it's own
Some tart, some sweet, some sweeter
Some get scooped up right away
And some get saved for later
Although each one is different
And some favored over others
Put 'em all in a basket and
They all go great together.

No comments:

Post a Comment