Friday, May 6, 2011

Lesson 6: THE HOLY GHOST HELPS ME

 I saw this little analogy on sugardoodle.  You take an empty box and explain to the kids that you have a special gift inside the box (this really got their attention and all of them crowded around to see).  Tell them that you have filled the box FULL with so much love for each one of the kids.

Open the box and show them the inside.  Ask them if they can see all of the love that you put inside the box. Explain to them that when we are baptized we also get a special gift called the Holy Ghost.  Just like the love inside this box, you can't see the Holy Ghost, but you can feel him.  The Holy Ghost is a feeling inside that tells you right from wrong. 

 I showed them this picture and told them that this is a picture of a little girl who has just been baptized and she has hands upon her head, giving her the Holy Ghost through the preisthood.

I put that picture in a word document and above and below the picture I typed,  "I receive the Holy Ghost after I am baptized.  The Holy Ghost helps me know right from wrong." The kids colored this and I had several kids talk about the Holy Ghost throughout the rest of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment