Friday, May 27, 2011

Lesson 9: I HAVE A BODY LIKE HEAVENLY FATHER'S

I was on vacation this past weekend so I wasn't there for the lesson, but I did make handouts for our class.  I thought that it would be fun for the kids to have paper dolls to play with to help them learn that we were created in Heavenly Father's image. I thought about going to the store and buying them some already made paper dolls, but decided I would check and see what the internet had to offer first first.  I came across an LDS clipart paper doll that is free to download. I thought they were really cute and I loved that they had more modest "underwear". You can download it here.

I printed them on card stock and wrote the name of our lesson on their "underwear" so that the parents would know what we were trying to teach them and therefore would reinforce the lesson whenever the kids played with the dolls.

I only did one sheet of clothes for each kid, gender specific, and I didn't cut the clothes out.  It was a lot of work to cut out 15 paper dolls and so I figured the parents could cut the clothes out if they wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment